Re: [Xen-users] Troubles compiling xen

Cristiano Paris wrote:
I'm having troubles compiling xen-2.0.6 (but also unstable, with same results) from sources.

The make world commands stops on this error:

/home/admins/xen-2.0/xen/include/asm/mm.h:160: error: can't find a register in class `BREG' while reloading `asm'

I've compiled many packages (including the kernel) many times but I've never seen such an error.

Any clue?

I reply to myself in the hope that it will help solve the problem.

It appears that the problem is related to my version of GCC (3.3.5) and to the clobber list in the ASM piece of code at line 160 of mm.h.

I'm trying to compile with a different compiler.

Cristiano