Re: [Xen-users] nVidia nForce4 Ultra SATA hangs

Adam Carheden wrote:

Has anyone used xen with the nVidia nForce4 Ultra chipset and a SATA
disk? Dom0 boot hangs after the line:

ata3: dev 0 ATA, max UDMA/133, 488397168 sectiors: lba48

I have to do a cold reboot to get my machine back.

- I'm using a custom linux-2.6.11-xen0 kernel. (x86 not x86_64)
- Everything (including SATA) works fine from a non-xen kernel.
- Everything also works if I comment the CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_NV=y line in
my .config file.
- I'm compiling for Athlon/Duron/K7 (though my processor is an athlon64
3000+)
- Gentoo linux, though the problems occurs before FS access, so it's
probably not important

I also have the problem of a freeze, probably related to SATA (libata/ata_piix drivers used) -- as reported in another thread.

Could these be related issues?

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold