[Xen-users] root access error creating a domU

I just updated my xen-unstable machine on Aug. 11th and I see the following odd error when attempting to create a guest (note: this guest had just been shutdown and I was trying to re-create it). This is also the first time I've seen this:

[root@laurel x5]# xm create -c -F x5
Error: Most commands need root access.  Please try again as root
[root@laurel x5]# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel)
[root@laurel x5]# xend stop
[root@laurel x5]# xm list
(111, 'Connection refused')
Error: Error connecting to xend, is xend running?
[root@laurel x5]# xend start
[root@laurel x5]# xm list
Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU VCPU(s)  State  Time(s)
Domain-0           0      251    -      2   r----   1809.5
[root@laurel x5]# xm create -c -F x5
Error: Most commands need root access.  Please try again as root
[root@laurel x5]#

Another question I have is should issues / questions regarding xen-unstable be presented here, or would another list be more appropriate, e.g. the developer's list? I realize xen-unstable is currently a moving target and do not want bog down this list with superfluous issues.

Thanks,

Pat

--
Patrick O'Rourke