Re: [Xen-users] Not possible to boot a user domain

>     $ PATCH_THE_KERNEL=YES make-kpkg --config=menuconfig --arch=xen
> --revision=1 --append-to-version=myxen0 kernel_image

> 9 - I configure Grub:

> module /boot/xen-linux-2.6.11myxen0 root=/dev/md0 ro console=tty0

> 11 - I have this domain configured:
>
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.12-xenU"
Are you sure this is what the kernel is called? If you have compiled it
with --append-to-version the filename will probably be different,
looking a bit like the dom0 filename you give above. The output from
your kernel,
> Linux version 2.6.11.12-xenU (xenod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc
> version 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7)) #1 Thu Aug 4 00:48:08
looks like you are using one of the precompiled kernels. Try using the
kernel you compiled. If that doesn't work, try using the same kernel
that you use for dom0. Remember that the kernel gets loaded from the
dom0's filesystem (md0 in your case), *not* the domU's filesystem.

It should still work, though, and the failure mode you describe is quite
bizarre.

--
Now  as he walked by the sea  of Galilee,  he saw  Simon and Andrew  his
brother casting a spam into the net:  for they were phishers.  And Jesus