Re: [Xen-users] kernel panic - VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0, 0) -- xen IDE drivers?

Hi Eric,

Eric Brown schrieb:

I'm trying to install xen-2.0.7-src.tgz from a debian-sarge netinst- cd virgin install with one partition (/). I'm following the instructions on http://www.option-c.com/xwiki/Custom_Xen_Kernels

My (at last succesfull) approach was the other way round. I installed debian sarge netinst and added the experimental xen debs from option-c.com. Then I took a vanilla kernel vom kernel.org, patched it with the xen sources and compiled it with the config of option-c.coms xen0-kernel plus adding the options I needed for my machine. To find out which modules my xen-kernel would need I started with the debian standard kernel and examined the list lsmod gave me of loaded kernel modules. Some of these had to be added to the option-c.com kernel-config.

That worked for me.

Dirk