Re: [Xen-users] Fc4 console woes and /lib/tls

sadique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Problem1. I deleted /lib/tls from the filesystem  but dom-u dmesg still
> says

Don't worry about it. FC4's glibc uses TLS/NPTL libraries by default
(/lib/tls either isn't empty or doesn't even exist). This actually
shouldn't cause any stability issues, as the emulation for negative GS
register offsets seems quite effective these days.

> Problem2:  I can successfully ssh to the filesystem but I can't connect
> using "xm console command". I can get a log in prompt asking for
> username and password, but when i entered the correct password it goes
> blank. Could not get a shell. Any Idea??? There is no proble to ssh and
> get a shell.. Is there anything wrong with /dev/tty1 or /dev/console. I
> have right entries in /etc/inittab  "1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1"
> and the related node is existing.

Please search the list archives and/or see the Wiki, as this has been
covered multiple times, especially just lately.

--
Derrik Pates
demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx