Re: [Xen-users] mysql

I just installed the latest mysql packages on a non xen server and had the same problem. I copied the start script from another installation and it worked. (A diff showed no differences, a co-worker told me the script was haunted). Can you run 'mysqld_safe' from the command line successfully?

Here is my init.d script that worked:
http://dropoff.org/29rc/mysql

Steven

Mark Olliver wrote:

Hi,

Just want to do a quick check before I spend hours debugging a problem. I have xen running and on the virtual server I have just installed the latest rpm from Centos (the guest and main os) from mysqld. When I went to start it, it fall over and give no error.

Any ideas, do I need to do anything extra for the xen platform, I presume not

Mark

Mark Olliver BSc (Hons) MBCS
Thermeon Europe Ltd

e-Card    www.thermeoneurope.com/e-Card/mpo