Re: [Xen-users] Network / Xen & Suse 9.3 ... help appreciated

ervin wrote:
I can create as many sub domains as I want and they work nicely but
isolated, meaning that no sub domains have access to the Internet nor
the intranet. Domain-0 is connected.

[snip]
The config file for creating my sub domain:
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.4-20a-xen"
memory = 50
name = "suse_base"
nics = 1
disk = ['file:/xen/suse_base.img,sda1,w']
root = "/dev/sda1"
dhcp = "dhcp"

Do you have a vif line in your config file above?
something like:

  vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:xx:yy:zz:ww, bridge=xen-br0' ]

where you want to change the xx, yy, zz and ww to
some random values (so there is a good chance they
don't clash with another machine.

I believe this sets the ethernet MAC address for the
virtual ethernet interface inside the DomU domain
("suse_base" in your case). It may only be a virtual
ethernet interface rather that physical one but it
still has to have a MAC address.

Hope that helps.