Re: [Xen-users] Can DomU find it's domain id?

> Is there anyway for a DomU to find it's domain ID? ie: inside a user
> domain, I need to know the domain ID as reported by xm list in Dom0.

We really want to hide the current domain ID from a domain - on the ground
that it doesn't *really* need it for any operation and kernel programmers
will probably abuse it if they have access to it.

How about setting "extra=" parameter in the domain config file to contain some
identifier (e.g. a textual name) then parse it out of /proc/cmdline.

Although what you want can be done using the dom ID do you *really* need a
mechanism for the domain to find out?  Can the mapping to dom ID be done
outside the domain?

Cheers,
Mark