RE: [Xen-users] Serial port problem

> I am using Xen in FC4. I can't use my serial port in dom0.
> I didn't use serial port in Xen's boot command. I wonder what
> can be wrong. It can't be hardware problem. I can use serial
> port when booting without Xen. And I tried the 2.6.12 kernel
> and Xen3. It is the same.

Please post the boot messages. 'xm dmesg' and 'dmesg' should be OK.

Why do you want to drive the serial port directly from dom0 rather than
via Xen? Are you connecting a modem or some other gadget?

Are you sure your kernel has the appropriate uart driver? Is the port
detected in the boot messages? Does xencons appear to be grabbing ttyS0
regardless?

(You could try xencons=off on the kernel command line)

Ian