[Xen-users] Switches and a moving MAC address

Hi,

I have a succesfull XEN 2.06 installation with a DomU running with it's rootfs
over NFS. I can migrate this GuestOS between hosts on the same switches
network. I connect to my GuestOS over tcp (ssh).
The transfer of the GuestOS takes about 4 seconds, and with the live option it
should be for a very short period where the GuestOS actually is stopped.
After the transfer it takes 20-30 seconds before the GuestOS becomes
responsive again. Which kind of timeout it this?

When you move an IP address to another MAC address you typically send out an
unsolicited ARP to update the arp caches on the other hosts on the network to
ensure correct routing at once.
Are there any similar thing I could do to make sure that the switch will
broadcast the next packet for the MAC address that suddenly has moved to
another port?

Regards,
--
Andreas Bach Aaen              System Developer, M. Sc.
Ericsson Danmark A/S           tel: +45 89 38 51 00