Re: [Xen-users] Highmem for domU in 2.0.7

> The kernel configuration has:
>
> CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM=y
> # CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is not set
>
> What options should I set here? I would like to give up to about 1.5GB
> to a domU. Why is highmem disabled by default? Any negative effects on
> the stability, are there known problems?
AFAIK, setting it to 4G Should Just Work. I don't know of any problems
with it and I think it is quite widely used. I don't know why it is off
by default, but possibly it is because it is off by default in the
vanilla kernel (it is still off by default in vanilla, isn't it?).

--
  ,^--^.      ,-----.      Never meddle in the affairs of angry cats,
 ( +  + )-----   ---'      for they are well-armed and quick to bite.