Re: [Xen-users] A64-x2 + Adaptec SATA RAID

  • To: Aaron // LT <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Daniel Nelson <packetcollision@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 16:46:15 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 20:44:12 +0000

I don't know what the problem might be, but if you want to see what
the kernel is saying, add noreboot to the GRUB "kernel" line and xen
won't reboot dom0 when it panics.

You might also try using a serial console to boot, so that you can log
the output and post it.

-Daniel Nelson

On 10/2/05, Aaron // LT <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone had any success with a Dual Core Athlon64-X2 with an Adaptec
> 4-port RAID controller.  We currently have 160GBx4 in RAID 10. With Xen
> stable default kernel it crashes during boot, and reboots before I can
> find the error.
>
> I tried a custom kernel, but had the exact same problem.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I will build a custom kernel again, but its currently hard to see where
> the problem is as the kernel just restarts half way through the boot
> process.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Aaron

"If the English language made any sense, lackadaisical would have
something to do with a shortage of flowers." --Doug Larson