Re: [Xen-users] xen 2.0.7 on VIA C3 (EPIA)

On Sept 3 13:05:37, Chris Brookes <cbrookes@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:cbrookes%40gmail.com>> wrote:

Has anyone tried to get Xen 2.0.7 booting on a VIA EPIA board with a
VIA C3 CPU?

yes, but not successfully. :)

I know some of the EPIA mainboards have a CPU with
"features" (4kb pages and no cmov instruction) that require the patch
Adam Sulmicki put together for 2.0.0 and 2.0.1
(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-12/txt8D0L7RWimG.txt),

Mine is a VIA EPIA PD6000, regarding which /proc/cpuinfo says:
 machine:/proc# more /proc/cpuinfo
 processor       : 0
 vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
 cpu family      : 6
 model           : 7
 model name      : VIA Samuel 2
 stepping        : 3
 cpu MHz         : 601.505
 cache size      : 64 KB
 fdiv_bug        : no
 hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug : no coma_bug : no
 fpu             : yes
 fpu_exception   : yes
 cpuid level     : 1
 wp              : yes
 flags           : fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
 bogomips        : 1187.84

and I have managed to patch, compile and boot a NetBSD dom0
sucessfully with this version.

I found this patch didn't go in cleanly (any more?) into testing (there were a
couple of changes to semi-magic constants in the codebase), and so I had to hand-insert a couple of chunks ... I won't post patches just yet in case my asm skills are as rusty as others' in the thread purport to be. :)

(which is a great step forward from the immediate reboot
without it),

quite :)

however the whole thing halts with "(XEN) Unknown
interrupt" just after "XEN) System RAM: 509MB (521852kB)".

I've gotten to this failure now (well, I have less RAM).
So it's been a month since Chris posted orginally ... has anyone
made any progress beyond this point, or is this breaking new ground?

Cheers,

--
glen

Vite sine cervesae mamulatas