Re: [Xen-users] XEN on evms root

On Friday 21 October 2005 10:32, Martin Andersson wrote:

> I'm running a Gentoo system on evms-root and boot. I've made a kernel
> and initrd with the genkernel-program before. But with xen I can't do
> that. So my question is:
>
> How can I run the evms-initrd before xen boots. One solution is of
> cource to skip evms on my root / boot partition.. but where's the fun in
> that.
>
> Any help would be great! Thanks!

gentoo genkernel is just a script to compile + install a kernel with a
predefined .config, no magic involved...

Look into that script, find out how it generates the initrd (most likely it
just calls mkinitrd with the right params for the freshly installed kernel)
and execute those steps yourself for your own xen kernel.

/Ernst