Re: [Xen-users] v2.0.7 dom0 hang during boot

John Madden wrote:

>I've been working on a source install of v2.0.7 on a Dell PE1850 for a couple
>of
>days now, unable to get dom0 to boot past "kjournald starting. Commit interval
>5
>seconds."  I did have to make one modification to the kernel config to build in
>the megaraid driver, which is detected correctly shortly before the hang.
>
>What's happening during this part of the boot process?  Where should I look to
>diagnose the problem?  Has anyone seen a dom0 hang at this point before?

Fails-during-boot process may be a result of not having certain device
files present.  Ensure that you've got, in your Dom0 image, null, zero,
and console:

    cd <dom0 root>/dev
    for d null zero console; do MAKEDEV -x $d; done

Note that MAKDEV syntax varies somewhat among Linux distros, above
should work for RH / SuSE / CentOS, FC.

Alternatively, try booting single user or using 'init=/bin/bash' to see
what does / doesn't work in your dom0.  You can specify these by passing
arguments to the kernel via GRUB.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
XenSource, Inc.