[Xen-users] xen box borked?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: mark foster <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:22:10 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:19:38 +0000

I'm running xen 2.0.6 on a PowerEdge 2850.
Things have been running smoothly for a few months. On friday I tried to use the 'xm balloon' command to adjust the memory size of a running. After 3 attempts I gave up as it was not working (no change noted in xm list or inside the guest OS). Sometime yesterday I start getting ssh alerts from nagios. Now I'm seeing 75-90% packet loss to the xen box (dom0). xm list was REALLY slow and after trying to reload/restart xend it I cannot even xm list or xm console to any of my domUs.

Is there anything else I can try short of rebooting the xen server?

Thanks.

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark@xxxxxxxxx>  http://mark.foster.cc/