Re: [Xen-users] install other OS to unprivileged domain

Ooops,
I forgot a little detail about dpkg rpm.
I have a dependency problem caused by some perl module intallation path
witch seem to be différent between FC4 and debian... thus, dpkg installation
may cause unsolvable dependancy problem...
The solution for now is to install dpkg with --nodeps switch....
I will have a look on this later...

(please use "reply all" or include my mail address in CC form when answering my mail....)

--
fv <fv@xxxxxxx>

Shu Hung (Koala) wrote:

Hello,

Seems I failed compiling dpkg under gcc4 (come with fc4)
Any idea on how to get it work?

Koala Yeung

    <mailto:dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    > <mailto:dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>:

    >     Shu Hung (Koala) schrieb:
    >
    >     That is one way to do it.
    >
    >     The other ways depend on the distro you want to install. For
    Debian
    >     there is debootstrap, e.g.
    >
    >     Dirk
    >

    > Thanks for information. ^^
    >
    > Can I use debootstrap to install Debian on my existing Xen (using
    > Fedora Core 4 as privilege domain)? How can I do so?
    >
    > Koala

    I have packaged dpkg and debootstrap for that purpose on FC4.
    You can trie the following rpm. Let me know if it don't work well.

    http://fv.kh3.org/tmp/dpkg-1.13.11-2.src.rpm
    http://fv.kh3.org/tmp/debootstrap-0.3.1.7-2.src.rpm

--
Technical Support, DigitalOne Limited
Tel: 8100-2616 / 2545-1383   Fax: 2815-0593