Re: [Xen-users] How to compile FreeBSD

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 05:11:49PM -0400, sessaid@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am new to Xen and would like to use Freebsd. I downloaded the source and
> I see that there is a freebsd directory but I can't seem to figure out how
> to compile that. I am also new to linux and unix.
> I have a working debian domain0 and domainU installed from binaries now
> and have freebsd 5.3 installed on another partition. I am assuming that I
> only need a freebsd domainU kernel. Am I correct? And how do I get that?
> Thank you in advance for your help!
> Sam
>
>From memory...

Boot your FreeBSD 5.3 partition.

If you don't already have bash and wget installed, install them:

pkg_add -r wget
pkg_add -r bash2

download and uncompres the xen 2.0.7 or 2.0-testing source.

In the freebsd sparse directory there are a number of scripts
edit mkbuildtree and replace the first line with

#!/usr/local/bin/bash

then

cd..
./freebsd-5.3-xen-sparse/fbsdxensetup

Script should download source and combine with files from sparse directory.
There will be a find file not found error.

Ignore the find error it isn't important.

cd freebsd-5.3-xenU
mkdir i386-xen/compile

./xenfbsd_kernel_build

At this point a kernel build should happen. When complete you will find the
'kernel' in ./i386-xen/compile/XENCONF/