[Xen-users] Use hard drive as physical mem for xen vm

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Oliver Neumann [New Identity AG]" <oliver.neumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:51:39 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:52:50 +0000

Hi all,

I've got a machine that should serve 2 XenUs as mysql cluster nodes with
realy big memory consumption. As mysql cluster will need approx. 4GB memory
on each XenU, I wondered if I could use hard disc space as memory for the
XenU that appears as real physical memory within the VM. Swap is no
alternative as mysql cluster nodes check the physical memory and if that is
not enough, they will not work.

How can I do that?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerly,