Re: [Xen-users] any Install howto for FreeBSD as domU with netbsd as dom0?

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 09:30:11AM -0800, Kip Macy wrote:
> The way the initial memory space gets setup there is no way MFS could work.
> It wasn't an anticipated use. I guess somewhere either in FreeBSD GNATS or
> xen's bugzilla there should be i386-xen FreeBSD bugs filed for me to track.
>
> -Kip

I had given this some thought, but not actually tried it yet.

If you just unzip your mfs and treat it as a file backed block device it may
work.
(Have a look at the live 2.06 demo CD that has a freebsd.fs file it uses this
way).

However you will run into another problem. sysinstall doesn't know about
xbd* or xn*. You will at least need to add then to
/usr/src/usr.sbin/sysinstall/devices.c and recompile before sysinstall is
usefull under xen.