Re: [Xen-users] Emulex SAN card support

As a rule, we want to support all reasonably modern hardware: the card you're interested in ought to work. Server class hardware is generally the least awkward to run on; laptops and cheap desktops tend to cause more compatibility issues.

Occasionally device hardware won't work due to bugs in the device drivers: these bugs are often API violations and tend not to manifiest on normal x86 but can occur on platforms such as Xen and some other architectures. When this *does* happen, the driver authors ought (in principle) to fix the bug. We've only had this happen once or twice.

We really ought to have a hardware "whitelist" and "blacklist" on the Wiki so that people can make more informed purchase decisions. Someone mentioned it but I'm not sure if it's there yet...

Cheers,
Mark