Re: [Xen-users] Dell 2650

A follow up in the interests of completeness and putting some info in the archive.

I now have it working - disabled the USB, modified kernel config as suggested below. Also found that having SMP enabled Dom0 kernel caused problems (occasional boot lockups) so run non SMP. Interestingly the DomU kernels _HAVE_ to be SMP or they fail to find the root device (no idea why that is).

Config I used for Gentoo:

Set RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING="none" in /etc/conf.d/rc.d

/etc/conf.d/net:

bridge_xenbr0="eth0"
config_xenbr0=( "10.1.53.75 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 10.1.53.255" )
routes_xenbr0=("default via 10.1.53.1")

Then add xenbr0 to the default run level.

System is now up and running well. Have one issue in that xm top (or xentop) gives me a segmentation fault, but that's not a big problem.

Thanks for the assistance.