Re: [Xen-users] Debian, Xen and CLUSTER / GFS Support

GPFS fits Perfect into that area.
AFS works under xen , with a 2 line patch, just browse the openafs ML

Sven

Michael Mey <michael.mey@xxxxxx>
Sent by: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11/23/05 05:12 PM

xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Steven Anderson <hikenboot@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [Xen-users] Debian, Xen and CLUSTER / GFS Support

Hi Steve,

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 14:56, Steven Anderson wrote:
> Greetings!
>
>   It occures to me that if GFS has lots of problems with file size then
> perhaps why not concider using somthing like AFS which I believe was made
> by IBM who has put a lot into the Xen project and might have made it to
AFAIK about AFS, it is a little bit too oversized for my targets, besides, I
need some cluster fs that supports distributed locking so no locking server
etc. is additionaly needed.
Aside from GFS there's, AFAIK, only OCFS2 that works with distributed locking.

If someone knows other fs's that support distributed locking, I'd appreciate a
hint on it :o)

Cheers,
Michael