Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 Test CD v1 released

On Friday 25 November 2005 18:24, Andrew Walrond wrote:
> On Friday 25 November 2005 00:34, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > It sounds like your machine is failing at the grub stage, which we
> > haven't encountered before except on very old machines with dodgy
> > bios'es. syslinux definitely seems to work on more machines than grub,
> > but on a modern motherboard like yours I'm surprised there's a problem.
> > I don't suppose there's a bios upgrade available for your machine?
>
> I boot the machine every day into linux with grub, so this is a bit
> strange. I can also boot my own grub-bootable CDs just fine.
> I'll see if I can investigate further...

A bios upgrade did indeed solve the problem. The tests ran smoothly, and the
results were (apparently; no email confirmation yet) uploaded to your server.

I hope the results are useful.  I have two other dual opteron servers I will
be testing shortly, with different m/b + hardware.

Andrew Walrond