Re: [Xen-users] Example PCI hiding in dom0 and direct access in domU

  • To: Robin Schroeder <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brian McEntire <brian.mcentire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 21:41:36 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:41:34 +0000

Thanks for the tip. You were right, after hiding the PCI card from DOM0, I was then able to start another Dom0 VM and lspci showed only the Digium PCI card.

Unfortunately, even then, Asterisk core dumps when I try to start it. One of the messages from the dump/oops (?) is "General Protection Fault".

I'll probably give up trying to get Asterisk to run in a VM since it is running okay in domain0. But if anyone has made this work (with Zaptel/wctdm modules and the Digium TDM PCI card,) I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

On 11/28/05, Robin Schroeder <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Brian McEntire schrieb:
> Hello all,
[...]
> # modprobe wctdm
> Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
> FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm
>
> lspci inside of domU does not work:
>
> # lspci
> pcilib: Cannot open /sys/bus/pci/devices
> pcilib: Cannot open /proc/bus/pci
> lspci: Cannot find any working access method.

Have you tried usind a Dom0 kernel for the virtual machine? In my
opinion DomU kernels don't support real hardware access.

Regards
Robin Schroeder