Re: [Xen-users] Xen on SuSe 10

>>> "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx> 2005/12/04 9:02 >>>
> First, the version of Xen packaged with SuSE 10.0 seems very
unstable.
You need more stable Xen packages.
See http://www.opensuse.org/Installing_Xen3

> Second, on the guest O/S, the interface presented seems to change
numbers.
> For example, the first time you boot the guest, it shows up as
interface eth0.
> The second time it increments to interface eth1, and so on,
Check out last block in "MAC addresses" of
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/SuseYastDomU

> The guest O/S has "eth0" (or eth1, or eth2, etc.),
> "veth0" (which I assume stands for virtual ethernet 0) and
> "vif1.0" (virtual interface 1.0 or 2.0, etc.).  I'm slightly confused
by
> which interface to configure on the guest O/S.
Following may help you to understand.
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-09/msg00376.html

Regards,
Takekazu Okamoto