RE: [Xen-users] compiling custom kernel on 2.0 testing

> 8-) I see the same behavior.  The annoyance for me is that I
> don't have any way to get 'make world' to use a different
> dom0 kernel configuration than the default without modifying
> the default kernel configuration that came from the Xen
> source tree.  I don't want to do that, because I'd like to
> keep it intact for sanity.

copy your config to dist/install/boot/config-<version> and it will be
picked up by the next "make world".

e.g. dist/install/boot/config-2.6.12.6-xen

> I suppose if I spent some time, I could use other targets than 'world'
> to build the hypervisor and userspace tools, patch the Linux
> kernels, reconfigure the Linux kernel, and than make the
> Linux kernels.  I think that involves 'make xen', followed
> something like 'make patch' or 'make kernels'.  Feel free to
> chime in if you know how to do this ...

There are a number of ways of doing this, but here's what's recommended:

 make linux-2.6-xen-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig  (or xconfig)
 make linux-2.6-xen-build
 make linux-2.6-xen-install

Ian