Re: [Xen-users] Has anyone successfully configured Xen to work with...

Hi Bill,

first: bridging does work in 2.0.7. I have it running on several machines.

Second: If you want to use several IPs for your domUs (what is exactly what you normally do :-) ), you just have to assign ONE of the IPs to your physical nic (no multihoming has to be configured there). The other IPs are assigned to the domUs (in the domUs /etc/network/interfaces e.g.).

When you start the domUs, xen scripts connect them to a bridge that has been set up before. That all is part of the default configuration. You just have to assign one IP to the physical interface and one to each domU.

Dirk

Bill Kelly schrieb:

Hi Nivedita,

Bill, your exact scenario is still not understood.
Are you using one physical NIC with multiple IPs (aliases)?

Yessir.  One physical NIC, with five IPs.
(69.93.218.2, 69.93.218.3, 69.93.218.4, 69.93.218.5, 69.93.218.6)

If your initial configuration was an interface with
multiple IPs, then not all IPs got transferred from
the phyical interface to the virtual one we create.
Those, however, have nothing to do with the interfaces
in domU.

Note that domU interfaces are created independently
and are virtual.

Hmm.  Well for whatever reason - although my configuration
looked pretty much like what Andy had posted - my domU was
unable to ping anything on the network.

I've presumed the problem is probably some mistake I've made
in configuration, so that's why I was asking for configuration
details from folks who had this type of setup running
successfully.

So you're saying it shouldn't matter to my domU that "not all
the IPs got transferred from the physical interface to the
virtual one." ?

Regards,

Bill