[Xen-users] IP address

Hi,
A very basic question --Do i need to allocate a static IP for each of the domains I create ???
     --Thanks
       Dakshina

Michael Mey wrote:
On Wednesday 07 December 2005 17:25, Steven Hand wrote:

I had this exact same problem with 2.0.7.  I had done a little
investigation and found scheduled_work gets called to schedule the
shutdown in the user domain kernel, but the shutdown work that gets
scheduled never actually gets called.  I'm glad someone else is
seeing this same problem now :-) Like you, it worked a number of
times in a row, then would fail, and it didn't seem to matter if
there was really any load going on or not.

At least one issue with live migration in 2.0.7 is fixed in the
the 2.0-testing tree (cset 3513:80a8b005b669 if you want to just
apply the patch directly)

This doesn't explain the situation where your domain dies tho; do
you have any console information from the domain in question?

The only thing I have is some syslog output of the domU, but there's not more than this usual lines:
Dec  6 15:47:16 debian1 kernel: Xen reported: 2806.425 MHz processor.
Dec  6 15:51:12 debian1 kernel: Xen reported: 2806.429 MHz processor.
Dec  6 15:54:54 debian1 kernel: Xen reported: 2806.425 MHz processor.

and the log file of my i/o testing script, but these are only md5 checksums. The script writes several times a dummy text into a file on the hd and finally builds a md5 checksum of the file for integrity test.
That logfile is fine, it's always the same md5.

Is there a possibility to further investigate what is happening with domU?

The funny thing is, yesterday afternoon I started a new testrun, this time using a ramdisk as storage for the i/o test. That domU is still running (after approx. 350 migrations). So it seems to me as if there is a problem with storage during migration, which sometimes occurs earlier, sometimes later.

The fibre channel adapters and the san is tested and works 100% correctly, so this shouldn't be the reason.

Regards,

Michael