Re: [Xen-users] live migration with xen 2.0.7 with fibre channelonDebian - help needed

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 17:25, Steven Hand wrote:
> > I had this exact same problem with 2.0.7.  I had done a little
> > investigation and found scheduled_work gets called to schedule the
> > shutdown in the user domain kernel, but the shutdown work that gets
> > scheduled never actually gets called.  I'm glad someone else is
> > seeing this same problem now :-) Like you, it worked a number of
> > times in a row, then would fail, and it didn't seem to matter if
> > there was really any load going on or not.
>
> At least one issue with live migration in 2.0.7 is fixed in the
> the 2.0-testing tree (cset 3513:80a8b005b669 if you want to just
> apply the patch directly)
>
> This doesn't explain the situation where your domain dies tho; do
> you have any console information from the domain in question?
The only thing I have is some syslog output of the domU, but there's not more
than this usual lines:
Dec  6 15:47:16 debian1 kernel: Xen reported: 2806.425 MHz processor.
Dec  6 15:51:12 debian1 kernel: Xen reported: 2806.429 MHz processor.
Dec  6 15:54:54 debian1 kernel: Xen reported: 2806.425 MHz processor.

and the log file of my i/o testing script, but these are only md5 checksums.
The script writes several times a dummy text into a file on the hd and
finally builds a md5 checksum of the file for integrity test.
That logfile is fine, it's always the same md5.

Is there a possibility to further investigate what is happening with domU?

The funny thing is, yesterday afternoon I started a new testrun, this time
using a ramdisk as storage for the i/o test. That domU is still running
(after approx. 350 migrations).
So it seems to me as if there is a problem with storage during migration,
which sometimes occurs earlier, sometimes later.

The fibre channel adapters and the san is tested and works 100% correctly, so
this shouldn't be the reason.

Regards,

Michael

Michael Mey
Thinking Objects Software GmbH    |   mailto: michael.mey@xxxxxx
Lilienthalstrasse 2/1                         |   phone: +49 711 88770-147
70825 Stuttgart-Korntal, Germany  |   fax: +49 711 88770-449