Re: [Xen-users] still network issues

xamiw@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all.

I have still network issues. I'm now able to connect two virtual domains with a
bridge defined in domain0. But this is not what I want. I don't want to affect
domain0 in any way what means no network connections between the domain0 and
the virtual domains.

I just want to define a 'cross-over cable' connecting eth0 of the first domU
with the eth0 of the second domU.

Can you not simply have Xen not set up any bridging  by:

1. putting an 'exit 0' at the top of  /etc/xen/scripts/network

2. Set up the bridge you want in your dom0 network start scripts (in Debian I use:

/etc/network/interfaces:
iface xen-br0 inet static
        address 192.168.10.2
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.10.0
        broadcast 192.168.10.255
        pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addbr xen-br0

3. In your /etc/xen/host config files, set them to use this existing bridge

This will have all domUs attached to the xen-br0 bridge, but the dom0 host will not be connected.

This works for me with xen 2.0.7

Hope this helps.

-Barry Flanagan
--