Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 and multiple physical network devices

On Dec 09 2005 Nivedita Singhvi <nsnix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>[...]
>
> Right. The network-bridge script sets up dom0 networking
> infrastructure for you. You will need to run this before
> running vif-bridge or creating a domain.
>
> You can write a wrapper script (as described in
> xend-config.sxp) to invoke this twice, one for each
> bridge/netdev pair.
>
> Try running it for eth0/xenbr0, then eth1/xenbr1:
>
> # /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start vifnum=0 netdev=eth0
> # /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start vifnum=1 netdev=eth1

Okay, this seems to work somehow...

I've setup two interfaces on a DomU, which I can ping by ip address -- even
from outside of dom0. What I would expect is that if I shutdown one interface
on Dom0 that only one of the virtual interfaces on DomU would be
pingable. But I can still ping both addresses on DomU.

    # brctl show
    xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.0
                                                            peth0
                                                            vif1.0
    xenbr1          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif1.1

I understand the interface list of xenbr0. What I would expect in this
listing is that interfaces like peth1 and vif0.1 appear in the xenbr1
interface list. But these interfaces aren't created by the

    # /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start vifnum=1 netdev=eth1

command.

Peter

--
Peter.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx                         ConSol* Software GmbH
Phone  +49 89 45841-100                       Consulting & Solutions