[Xen-users] Xwindows or Freenx in a guest domain

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jamie Moore" <jmoore@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:10:08 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:12:19 +0000

First time posting, sorry if this is a lame question but has anyone been able to get Xwindows or something like freenx working in a guest Xen domain? I am able to run and connect to freenx fine on the host machine as without problems, and I can install fine into the Xen guest but as soon as I try and connect I get the following error (in the NoMachine client):

Here is the NoMachine client output:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 6036

NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command

NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files

NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.0.21 on port: 22

NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx

NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey

HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-44 OS (GPL)

NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 1.5.0

NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 1.5.0

NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL

NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD

NX> 105 login

NX> 101 User: root

NX> 102 Password:

NX> 103 Welcome to: demo.localdomain user: root

NX> 105 listsession --user="root" --status="suspended,running" --geometry="1280x1024x16+render" --type="unix-kde"

mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/nxserver_tmp.nhHqc3592: Permission denied

Killed by signal 15.

Thoughts?

BTW both the host and guest are RHEL AS 4 Update 2 (the host is running in a VMware)

Sincerely,

Jamison Moore

This message is intended only for the person(s) to which it is addressed and may contain Sphera Corporation privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action concerning the contents of this message and any attachment(s) by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.