Re: [Xen-users] Xwindows or Freenx in a guest domain

Jamie Moore wrote:

First time posting, sorry if this is a lame question but has anyone been able to get Xwindows or something like freenx working in a guest Xen domain? I am able to run and connect to freenx fine on the host machine as without problems, and I can install fine into the Xen guest but as soon as I try and connect I get the following error (in the NoMachine client):

[snip]

mktemp: cannot create temp file /tmp/nxserver_tmp.nhHqc3592: Permission denied

I suggest you start with that. /tmp should be world-writable. I'm guessing you didn't preserve permissions and owner while creating dom-U's filesystem. "cp -a" or "tar" or "rsync -a" should do the trick.

--
Fajar