[Xen-users] Re: Xen 3.0 (release) Debian packages?

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 03:05:15PM +0500, Mustafa Abbasi wrote:
> i was wondering. will the debian packages contain kernels that are
> configured to work with xen or not.will they be like the kernels that
> coome with the xen binaries. if so then atleast for deiban use (i
> don't know of anyothers) they are quite useless since they support
> nothing. can anyone tell me a easy way to create .debs for xen (i
> don't want to go through the entire debian package mangaer's guide) so
> that i can make one with the customized kernels.

The current Debian-packaged Xen doesn't come with any kernels -- just a
kernel-patch package.  This can then be used to make custom kernels.

You want the kernel-package package, and the make-kpkg command contained
therein, to build your kernels.  The manpage will reveal all.

- Matt