Re: [Xen-users] Is hardware PCI passthrough working in 3.0 yet?

David Muench <davemuench@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Really? Personally I think that is the best, most amazing feature of
> Xen. It's too bad more people aren't using it.

I also haven't gone for Xen yet because of this feature missing.  I'd
like to run Xen on a SMP machine where I have a file/mail/news server
in dom0 and a router/firewall in domU, i.e. dom0 should have access to
most PCI hardware like harddisk controllers, and the router to the PCI
network card.  However, Xen 2.0.x doesn't support SMP in a way that
makes sense in this case, and Xen 3.0 doesn't support accessing PCI
devices directly from domU :-(

>From what I read here, I don't have the impression that not many
people use it or would want to.

urs