RE: [Xen-users] Intel shipping hardware VM CPU's already... more comingDecember 27 2005 65nm

Yeah Xen is not meant for real time apps... You won't get optimal performances with gamer I think. Unless you dedicate 1cpu core to the gaming host may be...

Christophe PAINCHAUD

-----Message d'origine-----
De : xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Taneli Leppä
Envoyé : Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:58 AM
À : Daniel Goertzen
Cc : xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [Xen-users] Intel shipping hardware VM CPU's already... more comingDecember 27 2005 65nm

Daniel Goertzen wrote:
> My dream desktop will run xen with a linux dom0 for all the network and
> storage goodness, and WindowsXP in a domU so I can play all my games.  As I
> understand it, a few things need to happen:
[...]
> Even with xen drivers in Windows, I wonder how much slower disk access will
> be.  Some games already take a really long time to load, and I wouldn't
> tolerate a big increase.

Just exactly what does Xen has to with gaming? It's obviously
meant for servers - which is exactly where the development effort
should be focused.

Try VMWare or Wine, those are more desktop-oriented (though the latter
isn't exactly a virtualization system).

--
   Taneli Leppä         | Crasman Co Ltd
   <taneli@xxxxxxxxxx>  | <http://www.crasman.fi/>