Re: [Xen-users] xen 3 demo CD won't boot

Mustafa Abbasi wrote:
hi. since my failed adventured in xen 3 i decided to try out the xen 3 demo cd. i also used the test cd to run the test and submit the results. but now i can't start the xen cd as well and its the same problem i had with the xen installation so i cam thinking it has something to do with my computer.

Probably so.

this is what happens. the cd boots fine. but when it comes to the point of starting X it stops and sticks there unless i reset the computer.
please please help me. is this a bug.

Probably - though if it's a bug with Xen, with your hardware, or with something else is hard to say with the total lack of details provided.

If you want to file a bug I'd suggest including DETAILED hardware information, including /proc/interrupts, `lspci -vvv', `lspci -n' , OS and version, etc. You'll also want to try to start Xen up without X, then manually start a basic X server like the VESA server to see if it might be specific to a particular X driver.

 i am new to bug reports so could
somebody guide me on how to file it. also should i post this in xen devel list?

Probably not - just file a bug report.

--
Craig Ringer