Re: [Xen-users] Re: How to recover from crashed domU?

On Dec 22, 2005 at 1433 +0000, Molle Bestefich appeared and said:
> Vincent Hanquez wrote:
> > Molle Bestefich wrote:
> > > Ouch, that's a lousy choice of shortcut key.
> >
> > This is how telnet works since *ages*.
>
> Your argument being that since someone screwed up ages ago in an
> unrelated product, Xen should fall in line instead of doing something
> that works sanely outside the US? :-)

That's traditional in software development. ;)

> > What do non US people normally use to escape from telnet?
>
> Personally I've looked at that character sequence a couple of times,
> tried to make it work, given up each time.  Finally I concluded that
> it's impossible to hit it on my keyboard.

What keyboard layout are you using? I am using the German layout and I
can reach the shortcut just fine. I am used to it since I use telnet a
lot (telnet, traceroute and ping are the three most important network
debugging tools, at least according to a big network equipment company).

I have to admit that most key combinations make a lot more sense when
using an US keyboard layout. However I use both the US and DE layouts
very often and don't think alternative shortcuts are worth the trouble
considering the feature requests for Xen 3.0.

Best,
Lynx.

--
"From the delicate strands,