Re: [Xen-users] Fixed MAC address causes spurios network connectivity loss

  • To: Eric Tessler <maiden1134@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Eric Peterson <srcfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:56:31 -0600
  • Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:59:51 +0000

On 12/23/05, Eric Tessler <maiden1134@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Me and a co-worker are currently debugging this problem - it appears to be a problem with XEN or the bridge...unfortunitely we will have to dig into the XEN source code. In our case, dom0 works fine. One of the domU's from time to time after it starts has no network access. The funny thing is that if we manually update its ARP table ourselves, the network starts to work fine. Or if we manually restart the network in the domu after all other domu's come up, it works fine as well. I am using XEN 2.07 though, not 3.0.

I have no such luck with my domU.  I'm starting to think it may be a problem with my version of Xen.

When my network fails I'm still able to get into the domU domains via the console.  However, if I issue a 'xm shutdown' for any of the domU domains they become zombies.