Re: [Xen-users] Having problem booting dom0 - SOLVED

It did not have the mbox driver compiled in, I had to enable it in the xen .config

Richard Thomas - CEO
Cyberlot Technologies Group Inc.
507.398.4124 - Voice

Ian Pratt wrote:

Had to do my own compile and add the megaraid mbox drivers to the config

Use the -xen kernel and build an initrd -- it has drivers for most
hardware as modules.

Ian
Richard Thomas - CEO
Cyberlot Technologies Group Inc.
507.398.4124 - Voice

Richard Thomas wrote:

Watching the bootup closely and comparing it to a normal boot I noticed the LSI megaraid drivers are never started up.

Does xen have megaraid_mbox support?

Richard Thomas - CEO
Cyberlot Technologies Group Inc.
507.398.4124 - Voice

Richard Thomas wrote:

Have a server using a LSI Megaraid adapter, Centos 4.2 os with the following grub config

default=2
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title CentOS (2.6.9-22.0.1.EL)
       root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL ro

root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

initrd /initrd-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL.img title CentOS (2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp)
       root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
       initrd /initrd-2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp.img title XEN Virtual
       root (hd0,0)
       kernel /xen-3.gz dom0_mem=128000
module /vmlinuz-2.6.12-xen0 ro

root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

       module /initrd-2.6.12-xen0.img

It boots up, loads the xen-3.gz, scrubs memory but when it goes to load the root LVM claims it can't find VolGroup00