Re: [Xen-users] Poor hard disk performance on xen-3/dom0

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:15:00 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 19:19:49 +0000

Ian Pratt wrote:
I know everyone always ignores me whenever I say this, but users really
should be using the -xen kernel rather than -xen0/U. The latter two are
just to make build times quicker for developers. The -xen kernel has way
more drivers, though built as modules, so you'll need to make an initrd.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#SECTION02140000000000000000

section 2.4.2 building from source
---

unless I'm missing something, the official docs say nothing about a -xen kernel (and modules). what are more appropriate instructions for building?

--- eric