Re: [Xen-users] xend http interface

  • To: Jean-David Silberzahn <jds@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anand <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:36:38 +0530
  • Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:11:38 +0000

Dear Jean,

Thanks a lot for the help.

Is there some kind of documentation for the complete list of commands for http interface ? Alternatively if you have the list and explanation i would very appreciate if you can post it here.

On 1/2/06, Jean-David Silberzahn <jds@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anand a écrit :

> While going through the manual i came to know that xend has an http
> interface which can be used to interact with xen. However searching on
> the lists and googling only resulted in 3-4 posts on the devel list
> which still didn't have any information on the same.
>
> Is anyone using it ... ?

We are using this interface to control the xend daemon. With this
interface, you can do quite everything you can with the xm tool.
For example to destroy a domain, you can do a HTTP POST request on this
url :
http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/domain-name
with parameter
op=destroy
To create a domainU, you can do a POST request on this url :
http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
with parameter
op=create&config=s-_expression_
s-_expression_ is the xen configuration format (you can look at it making
a xm list -l for example)
To list started domains :
http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
or
http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/?detail=1

The http server don't exactly map xm commands however : to boot a new
server, you have 2 or 3 operations to do when using the http server :
create, wait_for_devices and unpause

The xend HTTP interface is accessible via a TCP socket or via an Unix
socket (way used by xm in xen-3.0)

regards,

Anand