Re: [Xen-users] xend http interface

I've not the complete list of commands for http interface, I try to discover them when I need to use it ... If someone has this list or know where to find it, i would appreciate too to get this ... However, the command I already found and use with the HTTP interface are those :

GET requests :
/xend/domain/ AND /xend/domain/?detail=1 : to get a list of all started nodes (detailed or not) /xend/node : to get informations on the node on which xen runs (free memory, number of cpu, ...)

POST requests on /xend/domain :
parameters : op=create&config=s-expression : to create a paused domU with his config urlencoded in "s-expression" (s-expr = (domain (memory 128)(device (vbd (dev xvda1)(uname phy:device)(mode w))) ............)

POST requests on /xend/domain/domain-name :
parameters : op=wait_for_devices : command to wait for the devices of a newly created domU before unpausing it
parameters : op=unpause : unpause a domU (xm unpause)
parameters : op=pause : pause a domU (xm pause)
parameters : op=destroy : destroy a domU (xm destroy)
parameters : op=shutdown&reason=(halt|poweroff|reboot) : 3 different ways to shutdown your domU parameters : op=cpu_sedf_set&latency=nnn&slice=nnn&period=nnn&weight=nnn&extratime=n : réglage des paramètres sedf (xm sched-sedf)

I think it's possible to do migrations, save and restore, and many other things, but i have not searched how to use those commands

Another think to know when using the HTTP interface is that xend acts differently depending on the headers (especially the Accept: HTTP header) : if you don't put such a header, it will answer you with s-expression (useful if you are developping something over xen for example) and if you put one, you'll get an HTML formatted answer (useful to read it, even if the s-expressions mostly contains more informations).

regards,
--
Jean-David Silberzahn

ADVISEO
http://www.adviseo.fr/
http://www.open-sp.fr/

Anand a écrit :

Dear Jean,

Thanks a lot for the help.

Is there some kind of documentation for the complete list of commands for http interface ? Alternatively if you have the list and explanation i would very appreciate if you can post it here.

On 1/2/06, *Jean-David Silberzahn* <jds@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jds@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Anand a écrit :

    > While going through the manual i came to know that xend has an http
    > interface which can be used to interact with xen. However
    searching on
    > the lists and googling only resulted in 3-4 posts on the devel list
    > which still didn't have any information on the same.
    >
    > Is anyone using it ... ?

    We are using this interface to control the xend daemon. With this
    interface, you can do quite everything you can with the xm tool.
    For example to destroy a domain, you can do a HTTP POST request on
    this
    url :
    http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/domain-name
    with parameter
    op=destroy
    To create a domainU, you can do a POST request on this url :
    http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
    with parameter
    op=create&config=s-expression
    s-expression is the xen configuration format (you can look at it
    making
    a xm list -l for example)
    To list started domains :
    http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/
    or
    http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/?detail=1
    <http://xenserver:8000/xend/domain/?detail=1>

    The http server don't exactly map xm commands however : to boot a new
    server, you have 2 or 3 operations to do when using the http server :
    create, wait_for_devices and unpause

    The xend HTTP interface is accessible via a TCP socket or via an Unix
    socket (way used by xm in xen-3.0)

regards,

Anand