Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 and SuSE 10

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:42:56 -0200, Fernando Maior wrote
> On 1/3/06, Hubertus A. Haniel <hubba@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:45:54 -0500, Brian Fetcie wrote
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I would like to know if anyone has Xen 3 running on SuSE 10?  If so, do
> > > you have a grub config that you can share?  I am a newbie when it comes
> > > to Xen.  Thanks in advance...
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using:
> > ###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: xen###
> > title XEN
> >     root (hd0,0)
> >     kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=256000
> >     module /vmlinuz-xen root=/dev/rootvg/rootlv selinux=0  load_ramdisk=1
> > resume=/dev/rootvg/swaplv  splash=silent showopts
> >     module /initrd-xen
> >

> > You will have to download the latest updates via YOU though as the original
> > Xen
> > packages on the SuSE 10.0 DVD / base media was not working. - I still have
> > not got
> > the YaST "Create Xen domain" option to work though so I am creating the
> > domains by
> > hand.
> >

> > Regards
> > Hubba

> Hubba,
>
> By creating by hand you mean using YaST to
> "install to directory", isn't it? That is what I am
> doing, and doing okay.

Yes - installation into a directory works fine but I have just copied dom0
which I
have build via autoyast into a seperate lv as that way I had less config work to
do in the domU. - Only needed to change the hostname and IP address.

Regards
Hubba