[Xen-users] No keyboard booting Xen0

I'm running Fedora Core 4 on a vanilla Dell Precision 350 and am using the
Xen FC4 RPMs.  After installing the xen and xen-kernel rpms, and editing
/etc/grub.conf, I get an error during bare-metal boot of the Xen kernel:

i8042.c: Can't read CTR while initializing i8042.

The machine then continues booting all the way to the Gnome graphical login
screen, but I can't login because the keyboard doesn't work.  It's a PS/2
keyboard.  In a longshot I tried adding acpi=off to grub.conf, but no go.

I tried booting with a USB keyboard, and although I get the same message,
the keyboard does work.  However, I can't count on all my users having
access to USB keyboards.

I also note that the Xen fc4 rpm tarball had only 3 rpms inside of it: xen,
xen-devel, and xen-kenel.  This is in contrast to the rhel4.1 and sles9sp2
tarballs, which have rpms such as glibc*, and nscd in them.  Is the fc4
tarball missing these or are they not needed (the insallation instructions
say to install them)?

Thanks for any thoughts on how to debug or fix this,

Stephen Brueckner, ATC-NY