RE: [Xen-users] No keyboard booting Xen0

> I'm running Fedora Core 4 on a vanilla Dell Precision 350 and
> am using the Xen FC4 RPMs.  After installing the xen and
> xen-kernel rpms, and editing /etc/grub.conf, I get an error
> during bare-metal boot of the Xen kernel:
>
> i8042.c: Can't read CTR while initializing i8042.

Weird. There must be something odd about the ps2 port.

> I also note that the Xen fc4 rpm tarball had only 3 rpms
> inside of it: xen, xen-devel, and xen-kenel.  This is in
> contrast to the rhel4.1 and sles9sp2 tarballs, which have
> rpms such as glibc*, and nscd in them.  Is the fc4 tarball
> missing these or are they not needed (the insallation
> instructions say to install them)?

[the glibc and nscd RPMs aren't needed for FC4 as the native once are
good enough.]

> Thanks for any thoughts on how to debug or fix this,

It might be interesting to try the test CD, then collect the output of
booting with both the native kernel and a xen one. I suspect it will
still fail, but might give us a clue.

Ian