RE: [Xen-users] No keyboard booting Xen0

Ian Pratt wrote:
>> I'm running Fedora Core 4 on a vanilla Dell Precision 350 and
>> am using the Xen FC4 RPMs.  After installing the xen and
>> xen-kernel rpms, and editing /etc/grub.conf, I get an error
>> during bare-metal boot of the Xen kernel:
>>
>> i8042.c: Can't read CTR while initializing i8042.
>
> Weird. There must be something odd about the ps2 port.
>
> It might be interesting to try the test CD, then collect the output
> of booting with both the native kernel and a xen one. I suspect it
> will still fail, but might give us a clue.

I should have mentioned that I did try the test CD, and as you predict it
failed as well.  I wasn't able to glean anything from the text streaming by,
but then I don't know what to look for.  Is there some way to capture the
text aside from a camcorder?

Maybe I'll try on another desktop.  I've been working with Xen on a laptop
for a while and never had a problem; this is my first time using it on a
desktop.

Stephen Brueckner, ATC-NY