Re: [Xen-users] ctrl-c doesn't work in domU consoles

Moritz Bunkus wrote:
[...]
This seems to terminate all processes in that console.
typing

ctrl-o o

shows SysRq HELP

I definitely don't want the SysRq functionality for terminating a simple
ping -- a normal Ctrl-C will suffice.

Meanwhile, in a ssh shell the problem doesn't exist.

True, but I'm experimenting with network configuration and most of the
time there is no SSH access to the domU.
You're completely right! All these are not solutions but "dirty" workarounds. But they might help others who come in such a "desperate" situation when trying xen and accidently use, for example, ping.

Henning